Friday, July 1, 2011

St. Fagans on My Birthday!

Things are amazing here still! One thing I've noticed is that everything is backwards! Not just the driving but the sinks, the locks, the way you pass people when you are walking on the street, backwards! It's really hard to get used to but it has been 7 days today and I might be becoming accustomed to it!

It's hard to describe ALL the things I've done since I last posted so I'll just cover my birthday (the most important day of course)! On the 29th we went to St. Fagans National History museum which is an outdoor museum that dismantles old, ordinary buildings from all over Wales and re-assembles and refurbishes them in the museum. The buildings include:
The smallest post office in Wales.
A farmhouse much like my own from 1610.

A workmans institute for the coal miners from the first World War.
An authentic Celtic village with more pictures seen below.




And a medieval church with the most beautiful murals! (As seen below).




No comments:

Post a Comment